Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens

Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens
Miss Black Texas America CoEd Queens - Princess Kadence Polley; Preteen Jasmine Cooks; Miss Roneshia Ray; Teen Ziara Smith; Ms Micaela Watkins and Miss Black America CoEd Dymond Hayes

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them!" -John F. Kennedy

This is one of my favorite quotes because it highlights one concept that I try to live my life by, make a difference, inspire, show thanks, and grow through your actions. As Miss Black Texas USA it is something that I plan to implement into my reign by reaching out to my community and by lending my time, talents, and resources to people in need. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for a devoting family, generous friends, my title, an amazing pageant staff, and opportunities that many could only dream of. I hope to change lives and I truly believe that through being a dignitary I will be one step closer to being able to do just that.

This morning I spent my time with someone that I have not seen since my crowning, my  sister queen, Chandler Foreman. We had the opportunity to take part in one of Texas' largest events, the HEB Holiday Parade. Being able to catch up with her, and my assistant director JC Goode was the highlight of my day. But of course the best part was being able to be a "queen" for the day in the eyes of many. I met Clutch from the Houston Rockets and saw many old friends. I will close this day with what matters most to me, my family and encourage you all to do the same! Please stay tuned because this is only the beginning of my journey!

Respectfully,
Dymond Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment