Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens

Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens
Miss Black Texas America CoEd Queens - Princess Kadence Polley; Preteen Jasmine Cooks; Miss Roneshia Ray; Teen Ziara Smith; Ms Micaela Watkins and Miss Black America CoEd Dymond Hayes

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Race to the Crown




I can say that pageant season is in full swing! From the fast approaching Miss Black USA Pageant and other pageants taking place left and right, I can truly say that I'm dreaming tiaras. This past week I was able to attend the Miss United States Intercontinental Pageant. I truly enjoyed seeing driven women similar to myself on stage promoting their brand. I was also able to see a competition which is always invaluable when your preparing to be on stage in the near future.

The Miss Black USA Pageant is a great outlet as far as promoting yourself and truly gaining the professional skills necessary to succeed. I was able to help promote this mission by helping facilitate The Miss Black Texas Boot Camp. This "camp" focuses on preparing our incoming contestants with pointers and coaching sessions that will help them be their personal best during pageant weekend. My favorite part of the event was getting to know each of the contestants because I believe that with each meeting, something can be learned from it!

Finally I am beginning my final preparations for my national competition. I visited Miss Black Texas USA's state sponsor Lamik Cosmetics. They worked with me one on one to insure that I had the perfect looks for each phase of competition at nationals! Below please find a video that gives some behind the scenes footage of my visit! I was also  able to meet with my wonderful director and gain advice on final wardrobe selections and talent/modeling critiques. So with that I will begin my series of "Race to the Crown." With this you will gain some personal insight into my preparations to hopefully bring the Miss Black USA crown home to Texas. So stay tuned until next time!

Love,

Dymond Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment