Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens

Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens
Miss Black Texas America CoEd Queens - Princess Kadence Polley; Preteen Jasmine Cooks; Miss Roneshia Ray; Teen Ziara Smith; Ms Micaela Watkins and Miss Black America CoEd Dymond Hayes

Friday, January 25, 2013

More Queen Fun!

Since my last blog a lot has happened! I am in the process of completing my final year in college for my undergraduate degree. Part of my prize package of winning Miss Black Texas USA was an official photo shoot with photographer Elroy McDaniel. Chandler (Miss Black TX Talented Teen) and myself had a ball getting dolled up and taking pictures in some of our favorite outfits. While doing so, we were able to catch up and continue to build our sisterly bond. I truly enjoyed because the relationships that you gain in pageants is what really makes them worthwhile.

The following day I also had the opportunity to take part in the Martin Luther King Festivities in downtown Houston by being a Grand Marshal in Houston's official parade. Thanks to a heat wave, it was "perfect" parade weather and I also got to catch up with Shunte, our Ms. queen. We not only made the Houston Chronicle (Houston's #1 newspaper) for our appearance, but were also featured on Fox 26. However, my personal favorite highlight of the day was being able to bond and connect with so many young girls and illustrate to them that there are positive role models in the community and that no dream is too big!

I want to end this post with something that caught my eye recently. President Barack Obama created an initiative to encourage citizens to be involved in community service on January 19. I spent that day at a local food bank. However, would like to encourage each and everyone of you to take this initiative of "giving back" and extend it beyond the month of January!

Until Next Time!
With Love,
Dymond Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment