Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens

Miss Black Texas America CoEd Reigning Queens
Miss Black Texas America CoEd Queens - Princess Kadence Polley; Preteen Jasmine Cooks; Miss Roneshia Ray; Teen Ziara Smith; Ms Micaela Watkins and Miss Black America CoEd Dymond Hayes

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Great Day Houston and Nationals!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be featured on one of Houston's number one morning shows. The focus was on queens that make a difference and the interviewer focused on my dedication to the fight against breast cancer. Having the opportunity to speak on television again representing the Miss Black USA Organization was a once in a lifetime event. Leaving the interview I hope that it inspires others to get involved in a cause that is near and dear to their heart because I truly believe that one person can make a big difference when they are committed and driven individuals. If you missed the interview you will be able to access it using the link below:

http://www.khou.com/great-day/gdh_8-6-13_seg4-218542531.html


After leaving the KHOU studio I jumped in a car that was filled to the brim including my dog (Coco Chanel) and took the 22 hour drive to our national host hotel in Arlington, VA in order to represent my state in the national Miss Black USA Pageant.
I can say that with the rain of the drive, came some tragedy as I was given the news that I had lost a family member due to a massive heart attack. Although I was sad I understand that everything happens for a reason and that he is with The Maker and is truly in a better place. So as I attend the Red Dress VIP Reception tonight and compete throughout the week I may be representing Texas, but I will be representing George Logan in my heart! Keep me in your prayers as I aim at making you all proud, a promise that I spoke into existence after my crowning. Also please stay tuned because I will be providing updates throughout the week on what it is like to be part of the elite sisterhood of Miss Black USA delegates!

Love,

Dymond Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment